Friday, September 12, 2008

OUCH!!

So, I guess you could say I had my first "painful" experience at the doctor yesterday! I went in for an ultrasound to make sure everything was A-OK with the fluid levels and everything, and everything was perfect! My doctor's appointment followed the ultrasound, and boy was I in for a treat! I hadn't made any progress for the 3rd week, I was still 1/2 cm and 80% effaced. So, he asked me if I wanted him to try and make the opening a little bigger... YES of course!! So, then he precedes to "do what he does" and POP, I felt like I was going to jump off the table! WHEWEE! Then he says... "Well, now you are 1 1/2 cm dilated!" Yeah.. I better be!! So, I guess it's true what they say about getting your membranes stripped.... OUCH! But, I'm sure it's nothing compared to what I'm going to be encountering very soon. So, all last night while I was teaching, I though I was going to have to go to the hospital. I had some tightening and contractions.. and was getting a bit worried! But, As soon as I got home, things started to mellow out. I slept great and feel great today! So.. we'll see.... Maybe she will be here a little sooner than we thought!

8 comments:

Rusty and Ashley said...

oh please let her come a little early! I dont' know how much longer I can wait to hold her!

Neil and Steph said...

WOW!! I can't believe you're so close to the BIG DAY! I am so excited for you guys! Keep me posted...

Wade and Taryn said...

Having your membranes stripped never sounds like fun!! I am way excited for her to get here!! I hope it is way soon!

dave&abby johnson family said...

Ouch! I am so sorry... but hey if it makes things progress you gotta do what you gotta do! I am sooo excited for you!!

Keri Cannon said...

Ash! It's so good to hear from you! You look awesome! Congrats on the upcoming baby...I guess it could be here anyday now. Keep in touch!

Cicely said...

I remember that. I was seriously concerned that my doctor was trying to pull my baby out at the office. Worst ever.

Cassandra Romney said...

That was very discriptive Ashley! Can wait to read your blog Post delivery!! Im excited to see her too! She is going to be beautiful!

Danny and Becky DuPaix said...

hey, i remember when my dr did that exact same thing in the hospital... it really did hurt. good luck!