Friday, October 3, 2008

Brooklyn Nichole Bell
















We are so excited to welcome our little angel into this world! She decided to come on her exact due date, September 25th! She is already very obedient :) ! I started having labor contractions in the middle of the night on the 25th, and they were very consistent. I had Cameron stay home from work so I wouldn't have to drive myself to the hospital if she was really going to come. So, we took a couple walks around the neighborhood while I timed my contractions, and they continued to be fairly consistent. I probably looked really silly stopping every 5 minutes in the middle of the sidewalk holding onto Cameron's neck! But, I refused to go to the hospital because I didn't think they were "bad" enough. So, when they continued to get a little bit stronger, I gave in and we headed for the hospital just to check it out. I thought for sure I wasn't going to be very dilated at all.

Well, the nurse couldn't believe that I was only a 1.5 cm the day before, because I was dilated to a 5!! I was shocked! She said my contractions were every 2-3 minutes, so I guess I was really only feeling the strong ones. So, they checked me in, and I requested my epidural as soon as possible. There wasn't even a wait, so the anesthesiologist came in right away! I couldn't believe it! I was expecting to be in more pain when I got my epidural, but I wasn't going to complain! The epidural wasn't bad at all! I was expecting much worse, in fact, I asked her if she had already put it in! So, Cameron, my mom and I played games and watched T.V. while I continued to progress. at 10 pm I was dilated to a 10 and was ready to go. It took only 15 minutes to push and then she came!! It was the most amazing experience in the world! She weighed 7 lbs 10 oz and was 21 inches long. We think she is perfect! ;)

It has been so much fun getting to know her. We just stare at her all day! Cameron is the best daddy in the world! Recovery has been a bit of a process, but I've been feeling much better the last couple of days. We just love her so much! I can't believe what a miracle it is to have created such a perfect little being. I have felt so close to my Heavenly Father this past week. I can just feel His presence when I'm around her. It's amazing to think that she was just with Him! I feel so blessed to be a mother! I know that it is going to be so hard, and I feel like I don't know what I'm doing! But I know this is the beginning of another chapter of our lives, and I'm ready to dive in and go for it!
To out more pictures of our beautiful Brooklyn, go to
http://www.dropshots.com/ashleybell2

20 comments:

therealmccoy said...

I was just saying to Colin "I want to go see Brooklyn again"... thanks for the post, it's just the fix I needed. She is beautiful and amazing. What lucky parents you are, well then again, she is pretty lucky too. Congratulations!

spice2116 said...

she truly is sooo beautiful. perfect shape and all. enjoy!!!

Bre said...

Congratulations! We miss you at the studio but we are so glad she is finally here and that you are all doing so well. Enjoy your time with your little family. Congratulations again!

Jamie and MJ said...

You only had to push for 15 minutes can I say Jealous!

Aubry Wilkes said...

BROOKLYN IS ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE. I HOPE WE WILL SEE HER DURING THE HOLIDAYS SOMETIME. I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!

Troy, Erin and baby Boston said...

Hey! Kristen gave me your blog address...congrats on having your baby!!! She is beautiful!

maggie said...

I've been checking every day for picts. She is adorable of course! Hope you get feeling back to "normal" soon. We are so happy for you!
The Pile Family

dave&abby johnson family said...

What a great experience, I am so glad that everything went so well for you! Mother hood is truly the greatest gift, and that first moment you hear their little cry is just the most AMAZING experience EVER! Ah I love it, I want another baby!

Ha ha! Congrats to you my friend, she is so beautiful and so sweet. I hope all is well!!

Terina said...

Congrats! She is perfect and beautiful! I'm so happy for you guys! Welcome to the world Brooklyn!!!

Thrillsons said...

Congrats! She way to cute to be real. Lets arrange that marriage before our kid is born in case he does not turn out that well. We are sad we moved before you had her, would have been fun to be there.

Jaime And Kalen said...

Your baby is beautiful, Congratulations! We think she looks like Ashley!

The Jensen's said...

Congratulations. She is a doll! I have to admit that I cried reading about your delivery and what a little miracle she is. It just floods me with memories of the overwhelming emotion after delivery. You will make such an amazing mom. Good luck. Send me your address, I make headbands for baby girls (boutique style) and I would love to send one.

emmielou said...

I have been checking this all the time to see if you had her yet. Ashley, she is so precious and sweet. I want to hold her. How amazing that your delivery was such a breeze. I'll keep my fingers crossed for that too. Tell your mom hi, I bet she is in Grammy heaven. Congrats

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that everything went well for you. Congrats! She is just a doll. Can't wait to meet her!!

Tyson and Marie said...

She really is so cute! You are going to be such a great mother! I can't wait to see her in person:)

Brittney Blount said...

She is so sweet! I love newborns! Way to get the epidural early. It makes labor much better. We played the games and watched movies/tv in the hospital all day long when I was induced. It definetly helped with the time. By the way we had the same nurse!

our little family said...

Congratulation! She is adorable! I'm glad everything went smoothly for you. Have fun being parents!

Cassandra Romney said...

You look Beautiful Ashley! So Does your little angel! I was waiting for you to post somethign! Im glad you had a pleasent experiance! you look very happy! I love the bow on her head! A baby's not a baby with out a bow!

Max & McKinzi Hall said...

Oh my gosh! I have chills! She really is perfect! I'm so happy for you guys! Let me know if your coming up to Utah soon. I'd love to see you and meet little Brooklyn in person. And I'm glad everything went well. You two are gonna be wonderful parents. Love ya!

McDougal's said...

We are so happy for you guys. I love when deliveries can be so perfect. This is just the beginning of shere heaven.
Love Tammy